Works alongside head chef to manage daily kitchen activities, including from time to time overseeing staff, aiding with menu preparation, ensuring food quality and freshness, and monitoring ordering and stocking.
Chef Job Duties:
- Cooks guests’ orders according to their preferences
- Works with head chef to maintain kitchen organization, staff ability, and training opportunities
- Assists head chef with menu creation
- Employs food safety best practices and makes sure that all kitchen staff members do the same
- Acts with appropriate caution in a dangerous environment where there are knives and high-temperature surfaces
- Provides guidance to junior kitchen staff members, including, but not limited, to line cooking, food preparation, and dish plating
- Oversees and organizes kitchen stock and ingredients
- Keeps cooking stations stocked, especially before and during prime operation hours
- Manages food and product ordering by keeping detailed records and minimises waste, plus works with existing systems to improve waste reduction and manage budgetary concerns
- Supervises all food preparation and presentation to ensure quality and high standards
- Verifies that food storage units all meet standards and are consistently well-managed
- Keeps up with trends in cooking and the restaurant business to ensure that guests have a positive experience
- Works quickly and accurately during busy periods, such as weekends and evenings
- Occasionally takes on extra duties, such as cleaning, when the kitchen is short-staffed or the restaurant is particularly busy
- Provide hands-on assistance wherever needed to support students, volunteers and employees.
- Any other duties appropriate to the post
Please email email@example.com with a copy of your CV.