Sweet Potato Fries
Sweet potato fries, when done right, are gorgeous. We know there are a lot of places that do these really well but we’d like to pit ours against the best of them. When done right, these fries have a light and crispy outer layer, with a fluffy, almost creamy centre & finished with a balsamic glaze. Hmmmm.
You will need:
- 1 sweet potato (this will make a generous serving)
- Balsamic reduction
- Sea salt
- Peel, wash, square off potato (you can always use the ends to make a soup)
- Cut thin slices (Thin Fri style)
- Blanch in water until slightly soft
- Deep – fat fry for 3 mins. on medium heat drain off excess oil
- Repeat this (double dropped method)
- Season with salt, heavy helping of balsamic reduction
Let us know how you get on!