The Hidden Gem Piccalilli recipe is made with soft cauliflower, tasty carrots, juicy courgettes and tangy onions, which packs it full of flavour. It will liven up a simple meal and is a great sandwich filling.
- 2/3 x Cauliflower – (florette)
- 4 x Courgette
- 4x Carrot
- 7g White onion
- 3x Cucumber – (de-seeded)
- 1 teaspoon Spice turmeric
- 160g Malt vinegar
- 800g White wine vinegar
- 110g Sea salt
- 480g Caster sugar
- 8g English mustard
- Corn Flour (stir in to thicken)
- Dice the courgette and onion, deseed and dice the cucumber, florette the cauliflower.
- Salt the vegetables and leave to degorge for approx. 30 mins.
- Reduce the sugar, vinegar, mustard and turmeric by two thirds
- Add the vegetables to the vinegar mix and cook out until tender
- Take a ladleful of liquid and whisk in the corn flour, return to the pan and cook out.
ALLERGEN INFO: – SULPHITES, MUSTARD GLUITEN (WHEAT)